“THIS = THEN = THAT” (TEAM-OF-ONE or TEAM-OF-TWO)
ARTIFACT DUE: WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 4TH @ 13H30
The FINAL ASSIGNMENT “THIS = THEN = THAT” is an Open Brief project, which will span the entire semester and your progression will be evaluated over three accumulative milestones: a Proposal (HARDCOPY), a Physical Prototype (IN-CLASS) and a final Artifact or Experience (IN-CLASS).
OVERVIEW & GUIDELINES FOR ARTIFACT PRESENTATION
On the 4TH of DECEMBER, all members (TEAM-OF-ONE and TEAM-OF-TWO) will be required to present their Finalised Tangible Media Artifacts – Things, Machines, Wearables, Ambient Environments and Co-Located Experiences.
Each TEAM will be evaluated on the Interaction Design Strategies, the Physical and Tangible Experience, the Materiality and Form and the intended Meaning of your Artifact or Experience (Mid Fidelity overall). Over the course of the afternoon session, each TEAM will be afforded approximately 10 minutes for presentation (+ discussion) to the entire class. Ensure to showcase your work appropriately. The Artifact or Experience is an Interactive implementation of your intentions, it should be accumulatively Meaningful (Fidelity, Form, Function, Materials and Interaction).
Please contact Sabine or myself, if you have any special technical needs or requirements for your project. The Sensor Lab will be open from 11:30am on the 4TH December.
- The Artifact or Experience must have more than one level of Interaction and must afford the intended modes of Interaction.
- It must be Meaningful to users beyond the element of surprise.
- It must be Functional for the Artifact or Experience presentation.
DELIVERABLES: ARTIFACT (EXPERIENCE) & RELATED DOCUMENTATION – DECEMBER 4TH (15%)
- Each TEAM (OF-ONE or OF-TWO) will submit a Final Artifact Report (HARDCOPY @ Start of Class) & on Github
- HARDCOPY of Artifact Report must list the Team Members & explicitly declare GitHub Repository URL
- Selected TEAM MEMBERS’S GitHub must host ALL DOCUMENTATION (Hardcopy PDF, Video, Photos, Circuits Diagrams, Code etc.)
- Documentation will be located on Github > ASSIGNMENTS > ASSIGNMENT_ARTIFACT
- Artifact Report Requirements:
- Documentation must have a “Insights & Future Development” section (MINIMUM 512 WORDS)
- Documentation of ALL your research process
- The schematic of the electronics involved in your project
- All source code
- Photos of the progress and MINIMUM OF 12 photos of the finished project
- Videos of the progress and MINIMUM OF 2 videos of the finished project
DELIVERABLES: CRITICAL REFLECTIONS – DECEMBER 6TH BY MIDNIGHT (10%)
- Critical Reflections must be uploaded, in PDF Format, to your Github CART 360 Repository
- Critical Reflections must be located on Github > CRITICAL_REFLECTIONS
The ARTIFACT Documentation: “THIS = THEN = THAT” document should be formatted with appropriate sections and styled – 11pt Type Face and 1.5 Line Spacing. We also expect correct and appropriate use of Language, Grammar and Spelling.